I am Speaking up!!!!!!

I am Speaking up!!!!!!
Me and My Knight

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sepsis: A medical emergency

Sepsis: A medical emergency

Sepsis is the body’s overwhelming response to infection, which can lead to tissue damage, organ failure, amputations, and death. When there is an infection, sepsis can occur.
Sepsis symptoms start off very subtly and may mimic a flu or virus. It’s important to look for the warning signs of sepsis. Spotting these symptoms early could prevent the body from entering septic shock, and could save a life.
Symptoms include:
• S – Shiver, fever, or very cold
• E – Extreme pain or general discomfort (“worst ever”)
• P – Pale or discolored skin
• S – Sleepy, difficult to rouse, confused
• I – “I feel like I might die”
• S – Short of breath

No comments:

Post a Comment