I am Speaking up!!!!!!

I am Speaking up!!!!!!
Me and My Knight

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Accelerating Death by Stopping Life-Preserving Medications/Denying a Feeding Tube

Accelerating Death by Stopping Life-Preserving Medications

Depriving a person of a feeding tube can also deprive the person of critical oral medicines. Usually, all medications are stopped along with the feeding tube. In one case, I witnessed a fully conscious man with mild Alzheimer’s, following a bout of pneumonia, be deprived of a feeding tube when his swallowing was affected after he was successfully extubated (i.e., his breathing tube was removed). As a result, he was not given his blood pressure medicine, which caused his blood pressure to go sky high. He soon died of a stroke. We often forget that there are many ways to accelerate death.

My Comment: Yes, my husband was also denied a feeding tube at the Hospital of Death in Nashua, NH. When he was admitted, he weighed 137 lbs. When he died 5 weeks later, 82 lbs. He was also denied ALL Medication for his illnesses including the UTI and Sepsis that we were NEVER told he had.

No comments:

Post a Comment